Tuesday, June 12, 2007

NO! NO! NO!...it aint right...

Joshua Valocchi posed a question in his article"Hoops Spring Eternal
A Philly-based sneaker firm helps spread the peace.
"
Remember the good old days when kids were killing each other over sneakers and Starter jackets instead of drug deals gone bad? Don’t you yearn for the return of that golden era of urban youth?
I totally agree...

but anyway...


http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/articles/14772


this article was sent to me by my cousin who is just as upset about the state of the young black mind as I am...and it pissed us off...I usually keep my thought about what other people do to myself because I tend to go to far...but I don't care right now...

Cool kicks is aiight...skateboarding is aiight...tight jeans are ok only on girls...jeans that fit are back in...Being Black and calling yourself White is madd old and played out...be for real...

I'm upset...

Here is the result:

Please! my Beautiful Black people...Please!...stop getting caught up in this trend of self hatred. Your calling yourselves "rock stars", calling yourselves "unique" calling yourselves "White"...and your everything but. You kids forgot where you came from...what you are...who you are. You were always unique...you just understood that Hov was where you'd like to be, so you wore his clothes...you loved ball...so you wore jerseys to rep your squad...you wore big ass white tees because them shits is comfortable...Now you change all that because some confused industry Negros told you to. Just because the Negros on television tell you to do something does not mean its cool, or that its meant for you specifically to do. Be yourselves!!! Stop doing what other people tell you is cool and do what you feel like. That is the true soul of being a Unique Individual. Years ago people who were into the trend you are now into got clowned and were considered weirdos and losers for what you now consider hip and cool. I appreciate the new acceptance but lets not get carried away.

Its started with the Vans song and made its way to Party like Asshole...Think to yourself...what would Malcolm say about you guys calling your new fad the "white boy look"? I think we all need to listen to some Beans and reconsider our actions and tastes...I'm bringing Dashikis into the light a lil more...I know some folks have been on it for years but its and emergency...you niggas is buggin..

Listen to Mos def...Rock and Roll form the Black on Both Sides album...write down every name he mentions and look that group up...Then you'll have a list of people who are rock and roll and who are Black...look at the way they dressed and do that call it rock then... I'm ranting, but if you think I'm talking to you...I AM!...and if you have a problem I am very reachable...

Because "I am My brothers Keeper"... (no G-Money)

~RMA

STAY BLACK!